This recipe comes from my friend Ashley who always makes such yummy foods! I have been wanting lots of good fatty foods with this current pregnancy (yep, #3 is in the oven!). So without further ado, I present….
Ashley’s Chicken Alfredo
- 2 chicken breasts cubed (you may also use ready cooked chicken in the equivalent amount)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- salt, pepper, basil, paprika, and a pinch of cayenne to taste
- 1/4 tsp. xantham gum (or enough to get desired thickness)
- Fry up chicken breast in coconut oil until cooked through
- Add chicken broth, butter, parmesan, heavy cream, and seasonings and stir, letting the butter melt.
- Add xantham gum and let thicken.
Serve with GF noodles/pasta, or zucchini noodles (aka zoodles).
Well I’ve decided to crawl out from under my rock and once again give this blog thing a go. I mean, I really do love my blog and want it to work out. 2012-13 was so uninspiring.
Well…not totally uninspiring.
I had my beautiful baby, Bridget, last March and now she is almost a year old.
How can that be!?
Being mom to two kiddos is both entirely rewarding and such a blessing, and also entirely demanding on a mother’s time. I have knit very little (I try, I try…I still have overdue Christmas gifts. Yikes!), read almost nothing, and it seems only now is my home getting cleaned.
Here’s what’s new on the “homestead.”
- Things are changing for this little family. Joe has started a better, full-time job commuting to Boston to work construction, and this summer he may even have construction jobs closer to home which means he may have much more time to be in the garden!!
- One of 6 pigs has been felled and put in the freezer. Hoping today to put some of it in the meat grinder for sausage.
- Joe and I are another year older (birthdays were celebrated) and as I mentioned above, Bridget is on her way to being a year old.
- Joe will be starting barber school, hopefully at the end of the summer, and so I have taken up my old “hobby” of couponing to try and stock up on food and non-food essentials for when he’s not employed for those few months. We should also have veggies from our garden and meat from our pigs. Fingers crossed that it all works out perfect!
- I’ve lost 10ish lbs since Christmas…well…New Years. I’ve talked about Trim Healthy Mama (THM) before, and I’m hoping to start posting my progress. Medic ally I was overweight by about 26 lbs, and I’m just trying to get to what medically is a healthy weight for my size. And I’m not “dieting.” I’m changing my eating lifestyle. I want to talk about the way I’ve tweeked the way I eat, because realistically, not much has changed at all. It was just a little tweeking.
I want to have a plan for writing so I can motivate myself to write, but honestly I’m just going to write what I want. because I can.
And I finally got my pegboard (EEE!)