This recipe comes from my friend Ashley who always makes such yummy foods! I have been wanting lots of good fatty foods with this current pregnancy (yep, #3 is in the oven!). So without further ado, I present….
Ashley’s Chicken Alfredo
- 2 chicken breasts cubed (you may also use ready cooked chicken in the equivalent amount)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- salt, pepper, basil, paprika, and a pinch of cayenne to taste
- 1/4 tsp. xantham gum (or enough to get desired thickness)
- Fry up chicken breast in coconut oil until cooked through
- Add chicken broth, butter, parmesan, heavy cream, and seasonings and stir, letting the butter melt.
- Add xantham gum and let thicken.
Serve with GF noodles/pasta, or zucchini noodles (aka zoodles).