Just finished this test pattern of Kindling Season for Alicia Plummer. It hasn’t been released yet, but you can find the adult version here. Probably the best thing I’ve knit for Piper EVER!
Thought I would post some things that make me happy currently 🙂
- my grandfather has an identical one i have been coveting since my childhood. found one at a yard sale, 25 cents – ding!
- saw this one on Etsy in the vintage housewares section, but could never justify buying it. found this one while going through stuff my mom was going to sell in a yard sale. free – ding!
- found this (and 5 that match) while shopping thrift stores for place setting for my wedding. can’t remember how much I paid, but it’s vintage pyrex so…ding!
Thrifted buttons sorted and pinned together so I don’t have to rummage for matches.
Tiny hats for a tiny head. I’ve been seeing so many photographers spotlighting babies wearing knitted hats and soakers, and wrapped in knitted blankets. I’m considering making a shop for my knits.
and another tiny cardigan for a little one who’s gender is unknown.
I knew fall was on it’s way, but it wasn’t until last week that I realized it was actually here!
I had been doing all of this knitting for our little one in the womb, while Piper was all grown out of all her cold weather clothing from last year! Oopsy! I had to remedy that problem post-haste I worked all of last week on a sweater that would be fit for the outdoors this fall and for the indoors this winter. Not only am I pleased with the outcome, but Piper gets the biggest smile on her face when I ask if she wants to wear her new sweater! Yay!
Sweater pattern is Cascade and can be found on Ravelry.com free!
Pixie Hat pattern found here
Puerperium Newborn Cardigan pattern found here
I’ve been a little busy these past couple of days. I just can’t seem to put the needles down! I can’t help searching for what cute little baby things to knit next! I’ve even started a group on Ravelry to keep me motivated to stay knitting. Oops! (Please feel free to join!)
In other news:
- I had my first midwife appointment this week and got to hear the baby’s heartbeat!
- I’ve been able to use our flannel sheets on our bed this week! I’m very much enjoying this cool weather.
- Joe made blackberry/huckleberry wine.
- I picked 6 huge summer squash from the garden!
Remember that ball winder and swift I talked about? Well as a result I’ve been way more excited about my yarn and knitting as of late. I literally have 7 different projects going right now!
If you check out my Ravelry account you will see (in order of importance):
- 1 of 2 pairs of socks being knit for bartering
- [not pictured] a scarf for my brother that was supposed to be his Christmas gift
- a hat for Joe (he’s been after me to knit something for him for over a year)
- a baby hat for 1 of 2 babies I know being born this summer
- [not pictured] boot liners to test knit for the very talented Alicia Plummer
- a sweater for Piper (has been lying untouched since October)
- a shawl that I discovered unfinished that I was originally going to wear in my wedding
Apparently I’m not very good at staying on top of things…
Fortunately with this lovely weather we’ve been having, I’ve been making myself get outside with Piper. So while she plays on a quilt or sits out in her play pen, I get to just sit and knit while enjoying the sunshine!